Posted on November 23, 2012 (Subscribe to Blog)
The stars are beginning to align and I'm seeing an actual writing schedule ahead. At the moment I'm working on Chamber of Ghosts, the sixth Island of Fog book, and it's going well – currently about 66% through. But I have other things in pipeline as well. My schedule for the end of 2012 and beginning of 2013 is something like this:
Finish first draft of Chamber of Ghosts and send to beta readers.
- Write my half of Fractured, a 40,000-word sci-fi/fantasy novella with author Brian Clopper.
- Time permitting, also start edits to Chamber of Ghosts.
- In England the first half of the month, but continue edits to Chamber of Ghosts whenever possible and when I get back.
- Finish edits to Chamber of Ghosts and send out to ARC readers.
- Start edits to Quincy's Curse, a 65,000-word fantasy novel, and send to beta readers.
- Do any final edits to Quincy's Curse and send out to ARC readers.
- Publish Chamber of Ghosts (April 24th).
- Publish Quincy's Curse.
I would like to think I'm being conservative with my time here and can get more done than listed. I have other things to do, like polishing and publishing Fractured (with collaborator Brian Clopper) and starting work on a completely different project, either Sleep Writer or a book that I like to call Robots in Trousers (working title). And then there's the Island of Fog prequel... and Caleb's World... So much to do and not enough time to do it!
But this is a rough guideline. I reserve the right to update the schedule at any time.
Dang. Sounds like you've got a lot of work in the works. Go Keith!
Hehe. I do. Just need to put life and family on hold and have some random stranger pay my bills, then I'm good to go!