Tails of a Shapeshifter is published!
Posted on November 26, 2017 (Subscribe to Blog)
To all those Island of Fog fans out there who need a foggy fix, here's a collection of short stories to whet your appetite. It's the third book in the Island of Fog Chronicles series, and it features a whole bunch of "tails" you didn't know a shapeshifter had.
TAILS OF A SHAPESHIFTER
(Island of Fog Chronicles)
While Hal and Abigail fly off on a quick mission, seven-year-old Travis spends a snowy evening with his 'cousins' Melinda and Mason. And what better way to pass the time than Uncle Robbie telling stories in front of the fire? With two yarns centered around Christmas, a mysterious bag under the water, a box of photos with a creepy presence, a couple of romantic tales, and an epic ogre adventure, it's sure to be an interesting night with this collection of short stories!
TAILS OF A SHAPESHIFTER is the third Island of Fog Chronicles book.
You may recall that I posted a series of short stories through 2015-2016, one each month. Some of those ended up in Monsters in the Fog and formed an alternative view of the original story when the shapeshifters first began to experience changes. Now, three more of those free stories have been included in Tails of a Shapeshifter. But there are some brand new stories in this book as well.
Here's the complete list:
- A Very Merry Shapeshifting Christmas – From the website. It's their first Christmas in New Earth, and the children decide to recreate the festive season as they know it. It doesn't go well.
- The Mysterious Bag Under the Water – New story. Robbie and Lauren find a waterlogged bag with startling and sinister contents.
- Be Good for Belsnickel – From the website. New Earth has a festive tradition of their own, but it's turning a little sour. The shapeshifters are sent to investigate the story of Krampus.
- Shadow-Face – New story. When Robbie finds a box of old photographs, he unleashes something quite nasty and must battle to contain it.
- Robbie and the Ogres – From the website. On their return from the Mountain of Whispers, Fenton needs help releasing the Shadow Demon from her prison, so Robbie heads to ogre country to gather some shaggy-armed muscle.
- Popping the Question – New story. Ever wondered how Hal asked Abigail to marry him? He wants it to be the perfect moment and goes out of his way to find the most romantic place possible.
Between each story is brand new linking material featuring Robbie and Lauren along with Travis, Melinda, and Mason. All in, it's close to 50,000 words, a substantial amount to chew on for the measly price of $2.99. (By comparison, Eye of the Manticore is 35,000 words, and Monsters in the Fog is 40,000 words.)
It's worth noting that one of these short stories introduces a new character who will feature heavily in the forthcoming Death Storm (Island of Fog Legacies #5). That character is sure to send a shiver down your spine! I can't wait to start writing that book in a few months from now.
Tails of a Shapeshifter is available from all the usual ebook stores. Visit the main Island of Fog page and scroll down to the bottom for the Chronicles section. Enjoy!